Followers

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Quick Boy Bday Card

Dear scrappers,
I needed to make a small bday card for my son's friend. I had less than 30 min to wrap the gift, get the kids ready and make a congrats card. So I run upstairs, where I keep my craft supplies / kids' playroom, and grab three different CTMH workshop on the go (WOTG) kits to choose a quick sketch. I love those because it shows the exact measurements to cut my papers.
I used the retired Every Day Celebrations kit for making cards and the Superhero kit. I had the latest boys' WOTG kit, but I did not used it at the end.

A friend gave me a kit with color card bases with their envelopes, which made it easier to choose papers. I used an sketch from the Every Day Celebrations kit and using the measurements I picked two B&T papers from the superhero kit. I used the border of another one for the strip in the sketch. Cut everything, glue it and them stamped using the Superhero stamps the bright bang! shape (I don't know how to call this shape, but it reminds me to the superhero old comic strips) into white daisy card stock.
I stamped a sentiment from Every Day Celebrations kit stamps in twilight ink in the middle and hand cut the shape adding it to the B&T rectangle with 3D glue dots.



For the inside, I stamped some balloons from the Every Day Celebrations kit and the sentiment. I let my 5 yo son write his friend and my kids' name.



To finish the gift, I used a dimensional star element as a quick gift tag, again using my son's help to write the sentiment and names. Voila the gift gift was ready...



Next time, I am using those card sketches with the new WOTG CTMH boys' theme.
I hope you like this tip and leave me a comment,
Happy scrapping

Supplies:
Glue: little strips runner, Creative Memories. 3D glue dots
Stars Dimensional Elements, CTMH
Inks: Sun Kiss Yellow, Twilight, Heavenly Blue, Sweet Leaf; CTMH
Stamps: Every Day Celebration and Superhero, CTMHr
Papers: Superhero, CTMH
Card base and envelope, Michaels





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment