Followers

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Tag Swap at "Scrap & Craft" online Store using the Deconstructed sketch #92

Dear Scrappers,
I was dying to try one of the deconstructed sketches from http://decostructingjen.com , and Victoria's tag swap at the "Scrap & Craft" online store, http://www.scrapandcraft.net/?section=home , was the perfect excuse to do so.



I took a shortcut this time and left my cricut to rest for a little bit, thus, I used the dimensional element tags from CTMH (which are great btw). I covered them up with some doodlebug paper, bought at "Scrap & Craft", using liquid glass, CTMH, and trimmed around the edges. Then, I took 2" high of the back site of the same paper and glued directly to the covered tag, leaving a nice contrasting border. I trimmed the tags, sanded the edges and sponged them with our new lagoon pigment ink.
I used an spellbinder die cut for the backing shapes following and modifying the sketch using using the same paper as in the tag's borders. For the sentiment, I took again some dimensional shapes and stamped the round border in hollyhock and the sentiment in lagoon.
I took some "Awards" shapes and run a line of washi tape over them, overlaying them with orange daisies paper frill, topping it off with a ... threaded button.

Using the dimensional elements was a great shortcut. Not measuring and precutting paper at all, erasing a bothersome step... Just glue and trim...
I finished six tags in an hour and was able to mail them during my trip. I hope that by now, Victoria got them, and I am excited to find out what the other ladies did...
I hope you enjoyed this little time saving trick ;-)



Materials:
Ink pads: mini pigment Lagoon and hollyhock, CTMH
Stamp set: Perfect Fit- Mom, CTMH
Buttons, CTMH
CTMH "Mixed Shapes", "Awards" and "Tags" Dimensional elements
Adhesive: Liquid Glass, CTMH, and 3D glue dots
Baker's twine, My Mind's Eye
DOODLEBUG DESIGNS PAPER FRILLS -
DOODLEBUG DESIGN 12X12 PATTERNED PAPER - WOODLAND FLORAL
DOODLEBUG DESIGN WASHI TAPE IN BUBBLEGUM SWISS DOT.
Lady bug textured card stock, American Craft



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Note: I posted a wrong to the deconstructed sketches: http://deconstructingjen.com/deconstructed-sketch-no-92/
    This should be the right one ;-)

    ReplyDelete