Followers

Sunday, May 12, 2013

H2H Challenge: Teacher Appreciation--May Entry #2

Dear Scrappers,
Happy Mother's Day!!!
I hope you have a great either with your kids or with your Mom, a dear friend, the family :-)
Today is a good day to share my recent project: teacher appreciation's bookmarks/ goodie bags toppers.






I made this bookmarks following the same basics that I did for my Mother's Day ones: http://vickyscrappingpassion.blogspot.com/2013/05/mothers-day-celebration-bookmarks-and.html
I used my gypsy to design the bookmarks with the carts: My World, Wild Cards, and both CTMH's Artise and Art Philosophy.
For the base I used a frame shape cut from the Art Philosophy cart and stamped with a frame from the Frame Flair stamp set. I bended the cuts in half and added magnets to each site. I covered the outer magnet with circle cuts stamped with the Kuddos and Hero's sentiment stamps.






I cut the apple and its layers from the My World cart at 2" and the sentiment from Wild Card at 3". I tried to cut it smaller, but it kept ruining my paper, so I had to use a brand new blade and cut the sentiment bigger.
I ended up using a white marker to add some contrast to my sentiment, though.
I used the bookmarks to top some biscotti's that I bought at Costco and hid them in my kids folders for their teachers to find. I gave some to carline volunteers and other teachers in my kids' lives.






I hope you enjoy my latest project and please leave a comment ;-)
Have a wonderful week,
Vicky
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Very clever!!! I've seen these magnet bookmarks online everywhere and can't wait to try and make some! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cute! Thanks for playing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete