Followers

Monday, May 12, 2014

Compendium of Curiosities 3 Challenge- my take

Dear scrapper,
I need to share this great news with you and even though I am delayed, I still wanted to post this project:
Well Tim Holtz did it again and published his third idea book: Compendium of Curiosities 3... You can order it directly from him at http://timholtz.com/a-compendium-of-curiosities-volume-iii/
It is a wonderful and incredible creative book, thus I didn't want to miss it and got it...
His curiosity crew iii open a challenge based on this book two weeks ago and they will post a new one every two weeks at:

http://lindaledbetter.com/2014/04/cc3c01.html

I made my project right away for challenge 1, but I am posting it way to late; it finished last Friday :-(
Anyway, here is my take









I made a origami fold purse for a friend who bought a origami owl locket from me:


This is a guide for the scoring:



I used the stencil technique in page 43, paint marbling, to cover the pieces otherwise blank in this design and used the TH distress paints to match the old CTMH papers I used:









I distressed the folds as well:



This purse has plenty of space for many signatures to be written on it and can work as gift bag as well:



I made a tag to go with it using the same distress paint colors and even painted the back for the signatures.









I hope you enjoyed this project and make sure to comment on it,
The next challenge started last Saturday and involves distress glitter, on page 56 of the book, make sure to check it out:

http://lindaledbetter.com/cc3challenge

Have a great weekend and Happy Belated Mothers Day

Vicky


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Vicky Tovar

Location:W Interstate 10,San Antonio,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment